Pages

Monday 18 May 2009

Nokia E71 At a Glance

So now I have my E71 and have been playing with it a bit over the weekend.

At first it was a bit tricky getting used to a few things, such as locating where particular settings were hidden.
Once I finished my personalising of the phone and having dug through the menus for a while things became clearer.

This is probably the first phone where I have actually liked one of the built in themes.

I've had time to have a play with a few of the Google apps such as maps, mail and youtube; all of which are really easy to use and do not impact on the phone's performance (unlike my last phone).

I had previously read and heard that the email manager wasn't particularly nice on the eyes, but in my opinion I don't think it's that bad.

Battery life is amazing, I have been hammering the phone now for three days and still the battery has not died.

A fun quirk I found was the facility to have the phone read a message or email in a very Steven Hawking-esque voice which provides some entertainment.

All in all I would say that this was a good buy and would definitely recommend the phone to anyone. (I may later retract this statement if I find something that really irritates me about the phone).

The only difficulty I have encountered so far is joining to my wireless network at home. MAC address filtering had to be disabled and I found typing my 63 character key was a little tedious only for it to tell me it could not connect.

I have now managed to join my wireless and all is good :)

I will continue to post on my experiences with the E71, which hopefully will all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment